Posts




Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Transfer by Touch

Then Moses said, "Now show me your glory!"--Exodus 33:18.

Moses had a lot of nerve.  If God showed His face, Moses knew he would die, but he didn't care.  He wanted to see God.  He REALLY wanted to see Him.

And God showed Himself.


God shows Himself to us, too.

We have seen His glory, the glory of the one and only, who came from the Father full of grace and truth--John 1:14

Sometimes, I lose sight of God's plan.  He wants us to see Him.  He wants to transfer His glory to us, to make our face glow with His splendor.  Moses asked for it and got it.  Why don't we?

Like God's relationship with Moses, our relationship with Christ is one of gradually assuming His glory.  Moses knew this.  God Himself tells us that He wants this for us.

Father, I want those you have given Me to be where I am and to see My glory, the glory you gave me because you loved me before the creation of the world.--John 17:24.
We, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into His likeness with ever-increasing glory...--2Cor 3:18

Christ intended that we share the same glory He got from His Father and He knows how to transfer it.  He passes it on by touch.  We share God's glory by proximity to Christ.  He wants to make us glow with it.  He wants to give us a beautiful piece of Him, His reflection, His likeness.

God is love, but He looks like glory.


6 comments:

  1. Blessings MrsP...

    I so enJOyed the precious treasure of your dear mother's pearls and your message but I came here since you had plenty visitors there (and this is your most recent post... as I quickly try to catch as many blogs as I can from the public cyber today still, you joined us
    at a off time for me so I'm sorry I have not been that great of a hostess, usually I visit right away)!

    I love this example of God's Glory with Moses and how we have this same Glory available to us! I'd love for others to say that they see God's glow on me or that my face is aglow with Jesus! I love all the verses you have chosen on God's glory. May we be transferred indeed by His touch! Thank you for sharing God's glory, His reflection...
    both on SONday and Weds.

    Peace and JOY,
    Peggy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for making a congenial place for us to share the love of Christ and to encourage each other. Bless you, Peggy!

      Delete
  2. Amen! And, like Moses, the only way we can reflect the glory of God is by our time in His presence. Thanks for sharing this encouragement today.

    Blessings,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! Indeed we can see His glory!

    ReplyDelete