Posts




Saturday, December 22, 2012

Born by Will

Of all children physically born into this world, of all ages and times, only Jesus Christ chose to do it.
I did not choose to be born.  Neither did you.
I did not choose my time, my place, or my parents.
But He did.

And, by doing so, by inhabiting a physical body, by living and dying, He made it possible for us to do the same.
Now, we can be born by our own choice and the Father's will, just like He was.

To those who received Him, to those who believed in His Name, He gave the right to become children of God--children born not out of natural descent, nor of human decision, or a husband's will, but born of God.--John 1:12-13

By believing we choose, and we are made new.
As Christ was born by His own consent to fulfill His Father's purpose, so can we be.
And when we are, Christmas shines through us all.

6 comments:

  1. Very interesting insight. Never thought of it that way. Yes, He made the decision. And that is wonderful for us.
    Linking in from Jumping Tandem
    Blessings,
    Janis Cox www.janiscox.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never thought about the birth of Jesus this way....as Janis said above :-)
    May God give us grace to let Christmas shine through us.

    Merry Christmas, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is good! Glad I found your blog from the weekend blog walk! Newest follower! Come say hi!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janis and Jody were right, of course.

    AND knowing that the Lord had a reason to bring me into this world, even though it was in a tough family and a tough life, I know more and more that I am useful to Him when others face similar situations. I can PROVE that God is Bigger and can use us to serve Him with understanding. He is a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He not only chose our place and time, but He chose His own. Yes, He is a blessing, and He is also the creator of heaven and earth, the great I AM. Whenever I wonder about what God chooses for me or for someone I care about, I remember who He is. That, for me, is the blessing.

      Delete