Posts




Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Sorry, Ma'am, You're Not On The List.

We have a lot of nerve thinking we can get into heaven.
When I think about it, I see only two choices in this heaven thing.  Either heaven is open to everybody because God loves us, or nobody because though He loves us, we are sinners and don't belong. I tend toward the second.  After all, if heaven were my party, I probably wouldn't want any gate crashers, so I figure that God doesn't, either.

A good thing I'm not in charge.  God sees it quite differently.  Jesus said so.

Let the world know that You have loved them as You have loved Me.  I want those You have given Me to be where I am, to see My glory, the glory you gave Me before the creation of the world.--John 17:23-24

But getting in is another matter.
I know I don't belong in heaven.  If left on my own, I would stand forever out on the sidewalk, facing whatever angels guard heaven's gates.  I do not, nor will I ever, make God's "A" list for anything I have done. 

I love God, but that won't get me into heaven.
I try to do right, but that won't get me into heaven.
People pray for me, but that won't get me into heaven.
I go to church, but that won't get me into heaven.
I read my Bible, but that won't get me into heaven.

I have only one hope for heaven.
God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son so that whoever believes in Him will not perish, but have eternal life.--John 3:16

That's it.  My one ticket.  Jesus Christ and His atoning sacrifice.
You see, I don't have to try to get into heaven by myself.
Jesus walks me up the sidewalk and when we get to the door, tells the guards, "She's with me."

11 comments:

  1. What a fantastic last line: "She's with me."

    Wow. Love that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup. "She's with me."

    I need to remember that. Visiting via Jennifer's linkup today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "She's with me." LOVE it!
    oh, Jesus is good....

    ReplyDelete
  4. So love this..."She's with Me"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it a really good thing that God is not like us? So grateful!

    And great to connect through Still Saturday. Thanks for linking up at Oikosliving.com as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Couldn't find the follow button for Oikosliving. What did I miss?

      Delete
  6. A good reminder: HE is IT. Nothing else matters. And HE is the only way I will be entering into Heaven. What a blessing that will be.

    ReplyDelete