Posts




Monday, November 21, 2011

What My Dog Doesn't Have


Thanksgiving is hard upon us and, more than at other times, we tend to share all for which we have cause to give thanks. The lists are long: health, wealth, security, safety, peace, family, faith. We all have at least some of these, but God's gifts go far beyond this.

In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace that he lavished on us with all wisdom and understanding. And He made known to us the mystery of His will according to His good pleasure...Ephesians 1:7-9

When we list our gratitudes, we tend to include so many things that God gives all his creatures. He gave my dog some of the same things He gave me. Fido has health, security, safety, and a family too--he even experiences a kind of love. But Fido does not have, nor can he ever have, an understanding of God. Understanding is a higher gift, one God reserved for us alone. And He wants us to broadcast it.

But let the one who boasts boast about this: that they have the understanding to know me, that I am the LORD, who exercises kindness, justice and righteousness on earth, for in these I delight,” declares the LORD. Jeremiah 9:24

Happy Thanksgiving.

5 comments:

  1. What a joy to have that understanding - and the ability to share it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never thought of it that way. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so thankful for the blood of Jesus through which I have forgiveness of my sins. I like that -- something our pets can never have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great way to share--thanks for putting this community together! Happy Thanksgiving, you all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have such incredible blessings in Christ. We SHOULD shout it from the root top. Love your application here....partly because i love dogs and yours is cute!!

    ReplyDelete