Posts




Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Watching Our Steps

Look out! You're going to trip!  If you're not careful, you'll fall! 

Stumbling hurts. It can give you a scraped knee or get a fat lip.  Falling, however...well, falling means big trouble.  Falling can mean destruction.

But stumbling, common to us all, does not, because God catches those who delight Him.
If the Lord delights in a man's way, He makes his steps firm.  Though he stumble, he will not fall for the Lord upholds him with His hand.--Psalm 37:23-24
A righteous man may have many troubles, but the Lords delivers him from them all.--Psalm 34:19
The Lord watches over the way of the righteous.--Psalm 1:6

We can't behave well enough, we can't walk carefully enough, to stay completely out of trouble.  We will slip, and often.  But our God, because we delight Him, because He has made us righteous, will keep us safe.


Our job, then, is to delight in Him, to acknowledge His saving grace, to know that His cross made us righteous. 

When we delight God in righteousness, we become eligible for God's mercy.  Then He can bring all of His mighty power to make sure that, although we slip, we will not fall.  He watches our steps.

5 comments:

  1. Neat post. I love the photos! I'm stopping over from the Thursday blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When it comes to my walk of faith, I tend to be a klutz. I'm a stumbling, falling mess half the time. Grateful for this God who picks us back up again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great comfort. Thank you for the reminder.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  4. As one who has stumbled many times, I am so thankful that God is there to catch me.

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know that I fall a lot, every day, in little ways. I love that I am forgiven, that I am caught, and that each of us is loved :) Thank you for stopping by my blog hop!
    Paula

    ReplyDelete