Posts




Sunday, March 17, 2013

Go Ahead and Look

Photo credit: www.visualphotos.com
Discovering my own sin is tricky business.

Problem is, I can't repent if I don't know what I have done wrong.
And, because I am so wonderful, and loveable, and, well, saved, I don't always see the problem.
So I pray...
God, please show me my sin...

And He does.
But my sin is not always something I've done wrong.
Let me repeat that in another way:
Sin is not only lying or cheating or getting angry or any other violations of God's laws.
Some of the most insidious sin is congratulating myself for something I have done right.

When I am tempted to do that, God has a few succinct words for me:
..all our righteous acts are like filthy rags.--Isaiah 64:6

I can't do anything right enough to be considered righteous before God.
Therefore, I have only one hope--
to man up and remember who I am, then remember who God is.

Who I am:
He knows how we are formed, He remembers that we are but dust--Psalm 103:14
Who God is:
I am the Lord Almighty.--Genesis 17:1
I will never leave you nor forsake you.--Joshua 1:5

I am dust. He is God.
And He loves me anyway.

4 comments:

  1. I'm stopping by from Jumping Tandem's Sunday.
    What a beautiful photos and wonderful words. You're right about sin not always be visible to us.
    I hope you have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Needed this one. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so thankful for God's love--love He encircles me with even in my humanness. Such encouraging thoughts.

    ReplyDelete