Posts




Thursday, August 3, 2017

#44, August 3, 2015, What Would Happen?

This is the next in the series of transcriptions from my journal, written during that last, sad, wonderful year of Dave's life.

Thinking this morning about how desperately I’ve been trying to control what is happening around me, and how miserably I fail. 

Yesterday’s lesson in church was about how God is the Bread of Life. He provides constantly for me in real, palpable ways. He feeds me. He keeps me safe. He goes before me in trouble. But I don’t let Him.

What would happen if I finally yielded to God? I can hardly imagine.
I would say:
I am not responsible for Dave—his happiness, his health.
I cannot plan either for the rest of his life or my own after he goes.
I cannot rely on our savings for my financial well being.
I must spend more energy on responding to what is happening than planning for what may never happen.
I must be content with not knowing and learn to trust.

I don’t know any of these things.
I do not serve either God or Dave by doing. I serve them by believing and trusting.

Image: walkworthy.org

No comments:

Post a Comment