Posts




Friday, May 27, 2011

So Big


No one is like You, Oh Lord, and Your name is mighty in power. Who should not revere You, Oh King of nations? This is your due.--Jeremiah 10:6

The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of His being, sustaining all things by His powerful Word. After He provided purification from sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.--Hebrews 1:3

Power, glory, majesty, authority. These are your due and my purpose to acknowledge. Worship is what happens daily in the heavenlies and what is supposed to happen daily here on earth. Our purpose, more than anything else, is to know, and to say, and to sing your praises. Instead, I hardly see them. You put me in this world to see You and I see the world. You gave me life to see You and I see life.

When my children were small, I would take their hands and raise their arms high above their heads, exclaiming, "So big!" You do that, but I am the child and You hold my arms up, hoping I will eventually get it. You, God, are so big.

So how do I acknowledge that You are big today? I have to concentrate not on living, but on You. When I clean or cook or write, it is by Your grace and permission. I have no power You did not give me. Your power. Your honor. Your strength. Your wisdom. You are big, Oh God. So Big.

I am the Lord, the God of all Mankind. Is anything too hard for me?--Jeremiah 32:27.

No comments:

Post a Comment